Thursday, April 25, 2013

BHUTAN SPARKLES WITH HAPPINESS . . .

Bhutan, one of the world's poorest nations, declares itself to have the Happiest people - happier than citizens of the US, Canada or the UK.  It is a nation where Happiness is the government's number one goal.  Bhutan's Gross National Happiness Index is a concept the UN would like to promote world-wide.

There is no happiness in complaining, moaning and griping.  I knew that while I was complaining and griping - and expecting someone else to make me 'all better.'  Fortunately, I know Happiness is within my self at all times - as accessible as breathing and thinking.  This time, with dumb luck, I also found a treasure of Happiness while reading about Bhutan, the tiny Himalayan country wedged between China and India.

The May 6, 2013 issue of Woman's World offered clues to Happiness as well.  Examples include:
-Hang out with happy people and your own happiness expands; Do something requiring extra effort and the reward is sweeter; Learn to breathe deeply and meditate; Concentrate on positive ideas or proverbs; believe in Karma - as do people of Bhutan.  Every kindness you do finds its way back to you - which is why paying forward with Random Acts of Kindness creates so much Happiness.

To keep a positive attitude can be as simple as reading inspirational messages.  Bhutan's roads are lined with flags with inspirational messages.  Write down your favorites, tack them up at your computer, on your bathroom mirror or refrigerator.  Consider:
-Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of Happiness and just be happy.
-Every minute you are angry, you lose sixth seconds of Happiness.
-The Happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything.
-Everybody wants Happiness - nobody wants pain but you can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

I read that Happiness lights up your MRI scan.  I can only imagine the MRI of Bhutan would look like a 4th of July fireworks display.

I think I'll give up moaning and complaining - for now, at least.  Turn on my MRI - I'm ready to sparkle with Happiness. 

Nancy yTe \

No comments:

Post a Comment